Address: Matei Basarab street no. 1, Oradea locality
County: BH (Bihor)
The Zoological Garden in Oradea dates from 1960 when the first animals were brought, but for the general public it was opened in 1962. It spread on an area of 3.2 ha and had about 700 animals of 32 species brought here by the careThe Forest Guards, who had the task of harvesting young animals on the ground to grow in the landscaped gardens.Gradually, besides wildlife and domestic animals, by donations from passionate breeders in the region, exotic bird species have been introduced, especially varieties adapted to the temperate climate.
The land on which the Zoo is located was at first a small park set up in English style by its owner, Count Rhedey Lajos, former Lieutenant in the Habsburg army, who lived in Oradea between 1791-1819.
This site belongs to the National Authority for Persons with Disabilities. The content of this site does not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Responsibility for the information and views expressed in the site lies entirely with the author.